Oct 17, 2011

Week 20, Oct 17-22, 2011

In your CSA bag
  • Russett Potatoes – 1 quart
  • Spaghetti Squash – 1
  • Pie Pumpkin - 1
  • Carrots – 1 bunch
  • Beets w/greens – 1 bunch
  • Kale - 1 bunch
  • Lettuce - 1 head
  • Onions – 4 sm
  • Herb – Parsley or Cilantro – choice
Recipe of the Week


News from the Field

Last week on Monday, Joe told me he had to go for parts in Orleans. He then asked me to go with him for the parts and lunch. Tuesday the 11th,was going to be our 31st Anniversary, and he would be too busy the next day. I said “Sure” He was covered in mud and said he was changing and asked if I wanted to change too. I said no, as we were only going for parts & off I went in my Capri overalls and tank top. As we approached Cambridge he said “let’s go thru the notch as the colors are so great” “O.K., I answered and then asked “What part are you getting in Orleans?” He then laughed and smiled and said “No parts, I’m taking you away for our Anniversary” “What!” I said, “ I don’t have anything I need with me” “I know” he said “That’s why I had Becky pack all you need” Joe then said he saw Becky packing a large suitcase, when he asked her what she was doing, as we were only going for one night. She replied “I know Dad, but she needs choices.” We had a great time at York beach in Maine and a beautiful foliage ride for no parts too. It was a very Happy Anniversary Surprise.

There are only 4 WEEKS remaining for CSA, this Season!
Order your Thanksgiving Basket
  • Butternut squash- 1med/large
  • Gold Turnips 2lbs
  • Red Beets 2lbs
  • Potatoes (white or gold) 5lbs
  • Onions (red & yellow mix)-2lbs
  • Brussels Sprouts-1lb 2oz
  • Local Cranberries
  • 2 Homemade pies (U-pick Pumpkin, Apple, Choc. Cream)
  • Fresh Rolls – one dozen
All this for just $60.00

Then everyone has a week off to eat all their Holiday leftovers before we move on to our…..

Winter Shares

We will have dried beans, beets, carrots, turnips, potatoes of all colors and many other vegetables, all certified organic. We will also be growing much longer with greens, spinach, and lettuces in our renewed Green House. We will continue to include delicious recipes and ways to make your cooking quicker and easier to prepare.

Sign-up today! First pick-up Thursday, Dec. 1st

Regular is $248.00 pick-up twice per month
Single is $148.00 pick up just once a month
Senior is $135.00 pick-up once per month

Applications are at the farm stand

Have a great week!
Anne

No comments: